Friday, March 30, 2012

ReportViewer Extract DropDown

All,
I am using the ASP.Net ReportViewer control, but I cannot extract data
because the extract format type dropdown is not visible in the control. I
have the ShowExtractControls property set to True and I can see the Extract
link, but it is disabled
Is there something else I need to configure to allow the dropdown to populate?On Dec 19, 4:10 pm, Rex Mahel <Rex Ma...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> All,
> I am using the ASP.Net ReportViewer control, but I cannot extract data
> because the extract format type dropdown is not visible in the control. I
> have the ShowExtractControls property set to True and I can see the Extract
> link, but it is disabled
> Is there something else I need to configure to allow the dropdown to populate?
This link might be helpful.
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1968399&SiteID=1
Also, you might try checking: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
\MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config (...
\MSSQL.2\... could be ...\MSSQL.3\... based on if you have SSIS/SSAS
installed). Of course, this would be a long shot. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Looked through the link, checked the cache issue, "Do not save exrypted pages
to disk" was unchecked, checked C:\Windows\Temp security properties and
granted full control to SQLServer2005ReportingServicesWebServiceUser user.
Nothing had any effect.
Any other ideas?
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Dec 19, 4:10 pm, Rex Mahel <Rex Ma...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I am using the ASP.Net ReportViewer control, but I cannot extract data
> > because the extract format type dropdown is not visible in the control. I
> > have the ShowExtractControls property set to True and I can see the Extract
> > link, but it is disabled
> >
> > Is there something else I need to configure to allow the dropdown to populate?
>
> This link might be helpful.
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1968399&SiteID=1
> Also, you might try checking: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
> \MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config (...
> \MSSQL.2\... could be ...\MSSQL.3\... based on if you have SSIS/SSAS
> installed). Of course, this would be a long shot. Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>

No comments:

Post a Comment