Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ReportViewer control and multivalue parameter

I'm using the control on an asp.net page. The first parameter is a multi
value field which is populated by a query. How can I programaicattly select
the first value as a default? I don't see anything in ReportParameter class
that can do that.
Thanks,
GilgameshOn Sep 27, 9:00 pm, "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4e...@.aol.com> wrote:
> I'm using the control on an asp.net page. The first parameter is a multi
> value field which is populated by a query. How can I programaicattly select
> the first value as a default? I don't see anything in ReportParameter class
> that can do that.
> Thanks,
> Gilgamesh
You might need to create a second dataset (duplicate of the
multivalued parameter's dataset except for maybe the minimum/maximum
value) that is tied to the default value you want to use and then
select it as the default value in the Parameter settings. Hope this
helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||you can create a query which return the first value you want
and set this query result as the default value for the multivalue parameter.
"Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
news:ueSMzNXAIHA.3848@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I'm using the control on an asp.net page. The first parameter is a multi
> value field which is populated by a query. How can I programaicattly
> select the first value as a default? I don't see anything in
> ReportParameter class that can do that.
> Thanks,
> Gilgamesh
>
>|||The problem is that this is thesecond parameter which depends on thevalue of
first parameter. The first parameter value is passed in through URL, and I
found out that the second parameter can not beinitialized when it depends on
another parameter.
-G
"Jeje" <willgart@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:00359520-1109-4640-8E3D-E625BD6D651C@.microsoft.com...
> you can create a query which return the first value you want
> and set this query result as the default value for the multivalue
> parameter.
>
> "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
> news:ueSMzNXAIHA.3848@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I'm using the control on an asp.net page. The first parameter is a multi
>> value field which is populated by a query. How can I programaicattly
>> select the first value as a default? I don't see anything in
>> ReportParameter class that can do that.
>> Thanks,
>> Gilgamesh
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment