Monday, March 26, 2012

ReportViewer - problems with deploying

I have a web application that was written in Visual Studio 2005, ASP.Net. I am using ReportViewer and it runs correctly and quickly in "local" setting. I have installed the ReportViewer.exe from my local machine's harddrive onto the web server and copied my web application to the web server. The aspx page opens fine, I see the reportviewer frame, but I do not see my report. I have tried changing the "ServerReport" and "LocalReport" ReportPath to "http://localhost/test" where the RDLC file is located but still no report shows up on the web server.

Could someone please instruct me how to deploy an ASP.Net web site that is using ReportViewer? I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the ReportViewer.exe file. I have downloaded it directly from Microsoft and restarted IIS, as I have seen in other posts. I am running out of options that I can try to get this to work, and I'd hate to have to scrap it and start over using tables and repeaters.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you want to connect to your report which existed on your remote web server, right?

To deploy reports in an Internet application, you can embed the ReportViewer Web server control in a custom Internet-ready application that you create and deploy. The ReportViewer Web server control is included in Visual Studio 2005 and can be distributed freely with your application. You can configure the control to display reports that run on a report server. The connection between your application and the report server is handled by the control, through the Web service programming interface. All authentication and authorization is handled by your application, which connects to the report server through a single, user-trusted connection.

For more information see:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159272.aspx
More information on deploying see:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159868.aspx

Thanks.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment