Monday, March 26, 2012

ReportViewer 2005

I'm working with vs.net 2005 and SRS 2005. I setup a custom security
extension and I connect using a proxy class via "LogonUser" to a custom
asp.net web application. When I set some parameters and pass them to the
reportviewer I get the following error:
{"The parameter '{0}' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name:
cookie.Domain"}
I tryed a few different things but nothing works... Has anyone else ran into
this problem?
Nuno PereiraI was passing an incomplete cookie to ReportServerCredentials. I change how i
retrieve the cookie to use the Utilities class provided by the extension
sample. Now, I'm stuck on something else. Everything seems to get accepted
except i get an
"Object moved" page.
This is how i retrieve my cookie:
Dim netCookie As System.Net.Cookie =Utilities.TranslateCookie(HttpContext.Current.Request.Cookies(Utilities.CustomAuthCookieName))
ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote
ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerCredentials = New
CustomCredentials(netCookie, "admin", "password", "domainName")
ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = New
Uri(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("ReportServerUrl"))
ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = Session("ReportPath")
SetReportParams() 'Custom method that sets params
__________________________________________________________
When I use this code I the reportserver spits out the following:
The request failed with the error message:
--
<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a
href='/ReportServer/logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fReportServer%2fReportExecution2005.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>
</body></html>
--.
Nuno Pereira
"Nuno" wrote:
> I'm working with vs.net 2005 and SRS 2005. I setup a custom security
> extension and I connect using a proxy class via "LogonUser" to a custom
> asp.net web application. When I set some parameters and pass them to the
> reportviewer I get the following error:
> {"The parameter '{0}' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name:
> cookie.Domain"}
> I tryed a few different things but nothing works... Has anyone else ran into
> this problem?
> Nuno Pereirasql

No comments:

Post a Comment