Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ReportViewer and Firefox

Running into a weird problem and wanted to see if anyone else had run into it before. I developed a simple web application using the ReportViewer component with an rdlc report. When I run the project through the development web server in VS, everything looks ok in both Firefox and IE 7. I then deployed the app to a test IIS 6 machine. Looks ok in IE 7, but in Firefox (2.0.0.6, the same one I viewed the test with), the data is all compressed to the left and isn't really readable. Exporting the report (PDF or Excel) looks fine. Anyone have any ideas?

I've run into the same problem.

FireFox seems to have issues with all the nesting in the table structure. I've seen a post about adding a blank textbox in the header set to the width of the report as a fix, haven't had a chance to try it out yet......

Burl

|||

Well, the weird thing, like I said, is that the same application on the dev server in VS 2005 runs just fine in Firefox. It's just when it goes to a test "production" IIS 6 box that it starts acting weird.

|||

Found this post, have to try it out later....

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=83322&SiteID=1

Burl

|||

Setting the page header to can't shrink or grow seems to have worked for me. Still strange that it doesn't show problems in both instances.

|||

Hi!

Have you seen this link?:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156511.aspx

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment