Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ReportViewer control and logins

I am using a ReportViewer control in an asp.net 2.0 application

The report being run was created in SSRS using a shared data source. When I run the report it requests username and password.

How do I get around this or pass the username and password at runtime??

Thanks

Save the credntial in your datasource and then impersonate user a user who has priviliges on the reporting server as follow

in the web.config

<identity impersonate="true" userName="Domain\username" password="Pass"/>

|||

I tried that but it wants the login info for the dabase that is in the shared data sources.

Do I do that the same?

|||

When you edit the datasource > Properties > General, click 'Credentials stored securely in the report server' and enter a username and password that has rights to your database. It will then use the login info every time the report is invoked, (if that is what I understand you are trying to do).

|||

Yeah thanks

I got it somehow it got lost. When I checked update datasource all got fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment