Monday, March 26, 2012

ReportViewer (.NET 1.1) can't pass in the parameter...sometimes!

Here's my problem:
I have 4 web sites in 4 environments. Let's call them A, B, C, and D.
Reporting Server is installed on A, and on another server, let us
called it Z.
There are 4 website, also installed on A, B, C, and D.
When I run the website on my localhost machine, all my paramters are
passed fine and rendered.
When I access the web site in environment A, and it talks to the web
service of Reporting Server on A, everything is good.
However, B, C do not pass their parameters?! As for D, it has to talk
to another reporting server which is installed on Z. It also doesn't
render the parameters.
In all the cases where it doesn't work, the default values of the
parameters are always used. I found that in the MSSQL directories of
the Reporting Server on A, I replaced the ReportViewer.dll with the
same copy as the one in the website on A, and that got it working. The
DLLs had different version numbers, and one was in debug mode (in the
C:\program files\*) and the one in the website was in release mode.
It's got to to be something silly that I've missed here. Please help!!Ok, so I've found out some more information.
If I build my project and set debug="true" in web.config. It works in
any server. If I set debug="false", it doesn't work. The parameters
can be drop down lists or a custom user control. All are created
dynamically. The drop down lists work in any case (debug="true" or
debug="false") but my user control which is a date picker (really just
a textbox beside a link that pops up a calendar and writes it back into
the textbox) doesn't work?!?|||I found the solution. It has nothing to do with Reporting Services.
I posted it in the ASP.NET forum here:
http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/af07718b43e863da/d4f0d1789b895593?hl=en#d4f0d1789b895593
Depending on whether you set debug="true" or debug="false", the name of
a user control can have an underscore or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment