Friday, March 30, 2012

ReportViewer for .NET

I'm a VB6.0 programmer who is new to .Net. I'm having to write a
program in .Net that will call various .rdls in a windows
application. I've done the reports in the Business Intelligence
Studio (2005) pulling from a SQL Server 2005 database, but I don't
have .Net 2005, only Visual Studio 2003 for the VB side. I've read a
lot about using the reportviewer.dll for this, but I can't seem to
find it available for the Visual Studio 2003 or the Express version of
2005. Can someone point me in the right direction?
-wylieThe ReportViewer control assumes the 2.0 Framework and VS2005. It does not
work with 2003. See Chapter 14 of my book for a detailed discussion of this
new control. I also include the ReportViewer control in my (free) INETA
talks and some conference sessions. This is also a good source
http://gotreportviewer.com/.
hth
--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn
Author, Mentor, Consultant, Dad, Grandpa
Microsoft MVP
INETA Speaker
www.betav.com
www.betav.com/blog/billva
Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
__________________________________
Visit www.hitchhikerguides.net to get more information on my latest book:
Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
and Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (EBook)
------
"Wylie" <wylie72@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1186409091.881661.58640@.l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> I'm a VB6.0 programmer who is new to .Net. I'm having to write a
> program in .Net that will call various .rdls in a windows
> application. I've done the reports in the Business Intelligence
> Studio (2005) pulling from a SQL Server 2005 database, but I don't
> have .Net 2005, only Visual Studio 2003 for the VB side. I've read a
> lot about using the reportviewer.dll for this, but I can't seem to
> find it available for the Visual Studio 2003 or the Express version of
> 2005. Can someone point me in the right direction?
> -wylie
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment