Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reporting Web Front End

Hi,
I need to give my clients access to their data for reporting which is
hosted on a web server in SQL server 2005. Basically they need to be
able to write any ad-hoc reports that they need at any time.
My first instinct was to create static reports but this will not suit
their requirements.
what i need to know is whether reporing services would be the best
tool to offer them but im not sure as i only want to give them access
to a reporting tool through the secure section of their website. if
anyone has any ideas on this then please let me know.
my second solution was to allow them to download a copy of their
existing website in access (an environment in which they are familiar)
for thei reporting needs.
any help or guidance on this appreciated
thanks
CGOn Feb 20, 4:31 am, csgraham74 <csgraha...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to give my clients access to their data for reporting which is
> hosted on a web server in SQL server 2005. Basically they need to be
> able to write any ad-hoc reports that they need at any time.
> My first instinct was to create static reports but this will not suit
> their requirements.
> what i need to know is whether reporing services would be the best
> tool to offer them but im not sure as i only want to give them access
> to a reporting tool through the secure section of their website. if
> anyone has any ideas on this then please let me know.
> my second solution was to allow them to download a copy of their
> existing website in access (an environment in which they are familiar)
> for thei reporting needs.
> any help or guidance on this appreciated
> thanks
> CG
I would suggest looking into the Report Model side of SSRS/Reporting
Services (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms167048.aspx ).
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment