Monday, February 20, 2012

Reporting Services with Visual Studio

Do I need to load Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2005.NET to work with the .rdl reports. I have VS 2005 loaded and I can't access my reports I created before my hard drive died...

Intall the SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligent Development studio. With this you will be able to access the reports

Raj

|||Is that software on the SQL Server 2005 Development cd's?|||

It is under Client Components on the Advanced screen of the regular SQL 2005 installation. It does not require Visual Studio to be installed. The BI component for SRS 2000 had that dependency, but they built the 2005 installer to install the required framework. As an aside, VS 2008 (Orcas) will allow individual developers to build applications based on the VS Shell and deploy them without royalties (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb510103.aspx).

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment