Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reporting SVCS - Installing production over eval???

I am working on a reporting services development project. We installed the
evaluation copy of reporting services to support the project (we had to order
the standard production version). I now have the disc, and the development
project is about to end. I need to install the production version.
I installed using the disc that was sent. The install didn't take long. In
the event log, it says "The ReportServer service has been activated.".
Since we are about to finish the development project, I need to make sure we
are actually using the Production version.
How can I verify this?
If I need to do something else, what is it?
Thanks,
Andrew> Since we are about to finish the development project, I need to make sure
we
> are actually using the Production version.
> How can I verify this?
Go to Contrl Panel, Add/Remove Programs; find MS SQL Server Reporting
Services and then click on the "Click here for support information link".
--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
www.SolidQualityLearning.com|||Thanks for the reply. It is showing the eval edition still installed.
What do I need to do in order to install the production version?
"Dejan Sarka" wrote:
> > Since we are about to finish the development project, I need to make sure
> we
> > are actually using the Production version.
> >
> > How can I verify this?
> Go to Contrl Panel, Add/Remove Programs; find MS SQL Server Reporting
> Services and then click on the "Click here for support information link".
> --
> Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
> Associate Mentor
> www.SolidQualityLearning.com
>
>|||> What do I need to do in order to install the production version?
AFAIK you will have to use the same procedure as upgrading from Beta2 -
check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836064.
--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
www.SolidQualityLearning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment