Monday, February 20, 2012

Reporting Services without Analysis Services - how to connect to cube?

Hello all.
Right now I'm trying to get a report based on OLAP data to work on a server
which is only running Reporting Services. No Analysis Services have ever
touched this server. So when I try to run my report, I get the following
error:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'PB_AxpCmpWR_Project'.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection)
The 'MSOLAP' provider is not registered on the local machine.
No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).
I guess that it's because some dll's are missing, the msolap.dll and
msolap80.dll. I've figured I need to get these and register them in some
way, but I'm not sure how.
Can I copy these from a different server, and register them manually? Or
will they be installed and registered if I run the PTSFull.exe from the
Analysis Services installation? What is the best way of doing this?
All help appreciated!
Kaisa M. LindahlKaisa M. Lindahl wrote:
> Can I copy these from a different server, and register them manually?
> Or will they be installed and registered if I run the PTSFull.exe
> from the Analysis Services installation? What is the best way of
> doing this?
Installing of ptsfull should solve your problems
frank|||"Frank Matthiesen" <fm@.xax.de> wrote in message
news:3lepd6F12a6brU1@.individual.net...
> Kaisa M. Lindahl wrote:
>> Can I copy these from a different server, and register them manually?
>> Or will they be installed and registered if I run the PTSFull.exe
>> from the Analysis Services installation? What is the best way of
>> doing this?
> Installing of ptsfull should solve your problems
> frank
Thanks. I installed PTSFull.exe and the report is working. I can't find any
good MS articles or notion of this in the Books online, though. It should be
noted somewhere, so it doesn't come as a surprise to someone who installs RS
alone. Or maybe I just didn't look in the right places. Anyone got a link to
an article or something about this?
Kaisa

No comments:

Post a Comment