Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reporting Solutions Charts & graphs needed (similar to Dundas)

Hi my group is checking out charts and graphs available for RS.
We've checked out Dundas but I'd like to know what else is out on the
market and what people have used.
If you have any suggetions, please let me know...I know ChartFX recently introduced charting/graphs for SSRS 2005. I've used
their charts for ASP.NET but haven't checked out their SSRS offerings. It
may be worth a look.
Justin
"jason.harris@.gmail.com" wrote:
> Hi my group is checking out charts and graphs available for RS.
> We've checked out Dundas but I'd like to know what else is out on the
> market and what people have used.
> If you have any suggetions, please let me know...
>|||Dundas is a good one but try SSRS charting and graphs. Excellent but with
some restrictions.
Amarnath
"justinsaraceno" wrote:
> I know ChartFX recently introduced charting/graphs for SSRS 2005. I've used
> their charts for ASP.NET but haven't checked out their SSRS offerings. It
> may be worth a look.
> Justin
> "jason.harris@.gmail.com" wrote:
> > Hi my group is checking out charts and graphs available for RS.
> >
> > We've checked out Dundas but I'd like to know what else is out on the
> > market and what people have used.
> >
> > If you have any suggetions, please let me know...
> >
> >|||I've taken a look at these and we're wanting something a little more
robust. I didn't like Dudas' UI. ChartFX looks good so far. If
anyone has any additional suggestions, I'd appreciate it!|||jason.harris@.gmail.com wrote:
> I've taken a look at these and we're wanting something a little more
> robust. I didn't like Dudas' UI. ChartFX looks good so far. If
> anyone has any additional suggestions, I'd appreciate it!
I tried it. The chart fx stuff had a really nice initial presentation.
If I didn't keep using it after the initial I might have bought it.
But then I used it which is why I went with the dundas chart and gauge
too. What happened you ask? Well, the chart fx software crashed my
visual studio to the point I had to take my battery out of my laptop.
I thought it may have been my toshiba so I kept going. There was no
conversion feature in it like the dundas control so I had to redo all
of my charts. There was no using report parameters or data values for
titles and many more basic features that make this seem like a rushed
product. I was really disappointed in the chart fx software.
The dundas control did not have as flashy of initial impression but it
worked and their support is awesome (they are tight with MS and were
able to prove to me my issues were with SSRS and not their control AND
gave me a link to the right service pack). Their software UI may not
have been using smart tag like behavior but the ui was similar to the
chart in reporting services so there was very little learning. The
dundas chart also had a cool code editor that let me get to the api to
customize the chart where the chart fx control did not.
Basically, at this point I would recommend the dundas chart for
reporting services over the chart fx chart without any question. If
you are just looking for a chart that gives a different look then use
chart fx. If you want an upgrade chart that actually gives more
features, use the dundas chart.
Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment